Readers' comments and reviews are the best word of mouth an author can receive. Good reviews are golden, but adverse opinions can also be instructive. Primarily, from bad reviews I've learned that my novels are not to everyone's taste. Or, to put it another way, not everyone is my books' target audience. I've been blessed with a great predominance of positive reviews and comments from readers online and in my local area. They give me incentive to go on.
You can find readers' reviews of all my books at Amazon.com.
Bloggers' and magazine reviews are listed below.
Reviews of God's Thunderbolt
Reviews of Gold Under Ice
- "Carol Buchanan Strikes it Rich with Gold Under Ice " (The Billings Gazette)
- Jacqueline, Amazon Vine Reviewer: "So Evocative I'm Still Cold"
- Kansas Library recommends Gold Under Ice for ages 14 and up
- The Great Falls Tribune said, "Gold Under Ice brings Montana's gold camps to life in a story of action and adventure, larceny and love, all rooted in history."
- Dave Reuss of Outside Bozeman wrote that Gold Under Ice is a "gripping Montana tale with meticulous historical research by a talented Montana writer. Any fan of historical fiction should check it out."
The Devil in the Bottle
Carol Buchanan's "The Devil In The Bottle" sets a new gold-standard, Amazon customer review.
More about The Devil in the Bottle here.